Teaching a toddler is sometimes really fun as they like to explore new things. But, did you think of teaching Science to your toddler? I didn’t realize the value of it until I found the frog life cycle freebie created by Educents. At first, I thought this would be too much for my little one. But, I am extremely wrong. He loved to learn the lifecycle of a frog. Now even he knows what happens after a mature frog lays eggs. He can remember the steps of the frog life cycle and he also knows the tadpole becomes a legged tadpole because he eats well. (My son is a picky eater, so I use the chance to teach him about eating as well)
Well, this is how we learned about the frog life cycle.
To make it a fun activity, we made a water pond using a plastic container.
Water play using a water pond
For the water pond, we added some stones, a plastic tree, and animals that lives in the pond. We have toy frogs, ducks, and a tortoise at home. So we created a water pond. My son enjoyed his play time while talking with me about animals that live in the water. He also added his toy crocodile because he knows crocodile lives in water. I explained to him crocodiles like water, but he lives in the river, not in a water pond. 🙂
We had a great time and slowly I switched to our topic of the frog life cycle.
Teaching the Frog Life Cycle for a Toddler
I showed him the freebies I downloaded from Educents. Those are colorful and my son really attracted to the illustrations. We talked lot and I explained him about the frog life cycle. It was really an exciting lesson for him together with water play.
Frog Life Cycle Freebie
Actually isn’t it fun to learn about slimy squishy animals? How about you?Do your preschoolers or kindergarteners know about the life cycle of one of the squishiest amphibians – the FROG? It’s a quick and easy lesson to teach.
Ways to use this Frog Life Cycle freebie with a Pre-K or Kinder:(Or with a Toddler)
This frog life cycle free resource was created by The Multi Taskin’ Mom and is available to download for free on Educents.com.If you don’t know, Educents is the best place to discover new and innovative ways to keep kids excited about learning!I usually browse this site to download resources for my little one.
Below are some pictures of this free frog life cycle printable.
You can teach below skills for a pre-k or pre schooler.
- Practice handwriting & copywork
- Reading aloud
- Sounding out the words
- Have fun coloring
- Just print & go
Skills to enhance for a Toddler
If you have a toddler, still you can use these printables to enhance the skills of your toddler. Below are some of the identified skills which I tried to teach to my kid.
- Identifying each stage of a frog
- Improve vocabulary
- Reading aloud
- The idea of water animals
- Colouring fun
More frog-themed learning resources:
Do your kiddos LOVE frogs? Check out this animation about the Frog Life Cycle, and find more frog-themed games and lessons for all ages below.
- All About Frogs Packet – This frog bundle includes an informational slideshow, frog-themed anchor charts, rhyming word printables, number cards, writing organizer, and more (all frog-themed!!)
- Froggy Self-Control Boardgame – Use your frog markers to move across the board and practice relaxation, self-control, and body behavior in the classroom. Students will distinguish good choices from bad choices as they leap around the board!
- 3-D Frog Anatomy Notebook Model for Dissection – Use this 3-d paper frog model for a dissection-free frog exploration, a pre-dissection study tool, or even as a summative assessment during comparative anatomy studies!
- Frog Learning Pack for Middle Schoolers – A frog-eriffic packet of printable notebooking pages, activities, games and more!
This colour sorting game is another interesting activity to play with toddlers.
- Old School Games of Singapore
- Free Online Money Games for Kids: Fun & Educational
- Online Interactive Games for Kids: Fun and Educational
- Are there Benefits of Online Games for Children?
- Online Games for Kids about Recycling: Fun and Educational