The University of Texas Housing and Dining support two different kinds of on-campus dining – A la Carte and Buffet Meal Services.
The University of Texas dining hall makes sure that they offer a diverse food selection that will suit their students’ tastes, preferences, and lifestyles.
Where are the Buffet Meal services offered?
There are two all-you-can-eat dining areas — Kinsolving Dining and 2nd Floor Jester Dining (J2).
1. Kinsolving Dining: Also known as Kins Dining, this University of Texas dining hall offers buffet-style, extensive dining experience with entrée and side specials like baked potatoes, pasta, soups, salads, hamburgers, and all kinds of desserts. For breakfast, they offer egg whites, breakfast tacos, omelets, and Longhorn waffles. They are located at 2605 Whitis Avenue. You can check their daily menu by visiting the website.
2. 2/F Jester Dining: Also known as J2, this dining hall offers a modern take on traditional buffet meals. Their menu constants include pizza, soups, salads, and burgers. On top of that, you can create your pasta or macaroni dish with their choices of toppings, sauces, and pasta. They are located at 201 East, 21st Street. You can check their daily menu here.
Where are UT’s A la Carte Meal Services offered?
Numerous stores are offering a la carte meals in UT, and they are the following:
1. Jester City Limits: This food shop located on the ground floor of the Jester Center (JCM), offers salads, sandwiches, burgers, and gluten-free food for the students. They also cater for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and late-night food service.
2. Jester City Market: They are also on the ground floor of JCM, and they offer grab-and-go sandwiches and breakfast tacos.
3. Jester Java: This is the coffee lovers’ go-to place for Starbucks coffee, Frappuccino, and freshly baked goodies. They are also located on the ground floor of JCM.
4. Jesta Pizza: If you’re craving for pizza, hot breadsticks, Panini, or calzone, then Jesta Pizza is the best place to go to.
5. Bliss: If you want some grab-and-go food like noodle bowls and sushi, come by Bliss. They also offer vegetable juices, fruit juices, and bubble tea.
6. Cypress Bend Cafe: This is a combination of a grill and a convenience store that offers dinner, lunch, and breakfast options. You can get your breakfast taco, yogurt bar, fruit bar, or pastries from them. For lunch and dinner, you can choose from pizza, salads, burritos, burgers, and grilled cheese sandwiches.
7. Kins Coffee: This is Kinsolving Hall’s newest venue where you can grab your favorite freshly-baked pastries, piping hot Starbucks coffee, or a cold Frappuccino.
8. Kin’s Market: This is also located in Kinsolving Hall and offers grab-and-go food items, groceries, school supplies, topo chico, yogurt, cage-free eggs, and fresh hummus. They also sell ice cream, chef salad, sandwiches, burgers, doughnuts, bagels, and breakfast tacos.
9. Littlefield Patio Cafe: This cafe serves food for breakfast, lunch, and early dinner. They use fresh and quality ingredients in all the food on their menu. Students can also order a customized taco, breakfast doughnut, pastry, or bagel. On top of that, students can also try their healthy and delicious deli sandwiches for dinner.
Check out Campus Reel and let Christian Coffey take you on a UT food tour.
- Restaurant Checklist 101
- What are the Different Dining Options at the University of Texas
- Tips On How To Make Your Own Green Smoothies
- Freshly Baked Mooncakes from Bing Liang Bakery #Review
- Top Tips For Roasting A Whole Chicken
Amila Gamage Wickramarachchi is the founder of this blog where she shares her parenting and lifestyle experiences. She is an engineer and a trainer who works in the construction industry. She is the founder of Sihela Consultants.(www.sihelaconsultants.com)