This counting by tens caterpillar is another craft activity we made during the school holiday. If you follow this blog, then you know that my kid’s preschool teacher asks a craft project during each holiday.
Kid is in K2 (kindergarten 2) now. Instead of simply a craft, teacher asked to create craft activity that matches with different learning centres. Therefore we decided to create this caterpillar as a numerical centre activity.
This is a bonding activity which we both kid and mom engaged time together .While I did cutting circles kid helped in gluing the circles as necessary.
Below is how to make this Counting by Tens Caterpillar.
Counting by Tens Caterpillar activity for preschooler
- papers and cards as necessary
- pair of scissors
- On a cardboard paste another paper circle and create the head of the caterpillar.
- Cut 10 small circles using different colour papers
- Write the numbers by tens in each circle.
- Glue the circles in order to make a caterpillar according to the number order.
- Otherwise keep it as an activity for kids to create the number order when they count by tens.
If you find this craft activity is helpful, please let me know as a comment.