Most of you will agree that your bathroom is the only place in the entire world where you get some moments of peace and some time to think of proper solutions to some of the toughest problems in your life. There are also many of you who believe that your bathroom should be exquisitely designed and well-maintained in order to loo neat and clean all the time. It is needless to say that there are various types of bathroom accessories that are available in the market. These accessories make your showering experience enjoyable and easier in several ways. One of the most common amongst these accessories is the shower bench.
Why Should You Have A Shower Bench?
It is needless to say that shower benches serve multiple purposes, most of which are even unknown to many of you. Some of the reasons for you to have a shower bench have been discussed below.
- Storage Space: You will be surprised to know that shower benches can easily be used as a storage option. There are many types of shower benches in the market. Some of these can also become an extension of the tub decking. The top of these benches easily opens up with large spaces inside where you can keep many things safely, mainly bathroom supplies.
- Relaxation: When you stay at a 5-star hotel, the first thing that attracts you is the hotel spa. How would you feel if you had a similar setting at your own bathroom? A shower bench can give you the feel of relaxing at a spa in your own bathroom. If you can remodel your bathroom, it can help you get a wonderful opportunity to create that similar spa environment in your own house.
- Convenience: Having a shower bench in your own bathroom can prove to be rather convenient in several ways to you and your family. For example, the women in your family can easily sit on a shower bench and shave their legs. You can store a wide array of items in your shower bench such as towels, shampoo bottles, and soap. If you are injured in some way and find it tough to stand up for long, a shower bench can give you an opportunity to sit down and take your bath without putting much stress on your legs.
- Accessibility: With the availability of a shower bench in your own bathroom, it gives you the ability to take your shower sitting on the bench instead of standing up. This is highly useful for overweight and injured people. Even if you are on a wheelchair, a shower bench will prevent you from having to stand in order to shift yourself from the chair to the bench. You can simply align the wheelchair with the bench and slide your way across.
- Design: When it comes to the design of a shower bench, there are numerous varieties for you to choose. You can choose a simple yet elegantly designed shower bench for your bathroom. There are also some that are pretty long and project out of the shower area of your bathroom to allow water to flow over just like a stream. If your bathroom is not that big in size, you can opt for fordable shower benches for yourself. However, these benches cannot be used as a storage space for various bathroom items such as towels and shampoo bottles.
There may be several reasons for you to opt for a shower bench for your own bathroom. Irrespective of the reason, shower benches can easily help to enhance the overall functionality and look of your shower space. There are several professional consultants who can help you choose an appropriate shower bench for your bathroom. However, it is always better to stick to your budget and keep the available space in your shower area in mind when deciding upon a suitable design.
It is true that there was a time when having your own shower was something extraordinary for people. However, it has become a common sight in this modern era. Today, people are concentrating on enhancing the overall look of their bathrooms so that it makes them feel happy. While choosing a suitable design, apart from the available space of your shower area, you also need to keep the color and design of your existing bathroom tiles in mind. If you opt for something that is not suitable to the existing design, it may seem odd to anyone visiting the bathroom for a quick shower.
Amila Gamage Wickramarachchi is the founder of this blog where she shares her parenting and lifestyle experiences. She is an engineer and a trainer who works in the construction industry. She is the founder of Sihela Consultants.(www.sihelaconsultants.com)