The garden holds a very important place in the hearts and minds of most homeowners and for good reason, as our great summers allow for outdoor activities for most of the year. The traditional garden shed has always been a feature, as it provides a secure storage facility for the many items that are not suitable for interior storage and if you are wondering what your garden shed could be used for, here are just a few of the good uses you can employ for your exterior storage space.
- Gardening Equipment – The lawnmower (a valuable piece of equipment) needs a secure lockup for storage and the garden shed is built for such reasons. Not only the mower, as most homeowners have a variety of hand tools they use to shape their garden, including spades, shears, brooms and rakes. The ideal way to store these gardening implements is to create a wall rack and hang them up. There are suppliers of garden sheds online who have an extensive range of top-quality units, all at affordable prices.
- The Family Bikes – There’s no better place to store the family bicycles than the garden shed. Some people create innovative bike racks to save space, or failing that, the bikes take prime place on the floor. A bicycle is an attractive proposition for a thief as it is also a form of transport on which to make their getaway, yet if your machine is safely locked inside your metal shed, then it is as safe as can be. Here are a few more reasons why you need a secure garden shed.
- The BBQ – For most homeowners, the BBQ is a portable unit and when the summer draws to a close, the best place to store the unit is in the garden shed. If your shed is large enough, it can also accommodate your other cooking utensils, making for a complete storage for all the cooking items.
- Sporting Equipment – If you are an avid angler, the shed is the perfect place to store your fishing tackle, which always seems to have a fishy smell, no matter how well you clean it! Golf fanatics can keep their golf bag and trolley in their shed, at least until the next round.
- Garden Furniture – That expensive garden furniture shouldn’t be left out in the harsh winter months and aside from the odd chair, you can store everything in your shed until next summer. If your shed has seen better days and isn’t quite large enough to accommodate all of the above, search online for garden shed suppliers and you will find a wide range of sheds that come in a range of sizes.
- The DIY Enthusiast – Many homeowners are also DIY enthusiasts and some even design their shed to also be their workshop. All you power tools and your tool box can be safely stored under lock and key and let’s face it, they are very valuable and not something to be left outside.
There are many other uses for your garden shed and if you buy a steel unit, you can expect to enjoy many years of trouble-free use.
Amila Gamage Wickramarachchi is the founder of this blog which she shares her parenting and lifestyle experiences.She is a Contracts Engineer by profession and recently launched her own Engineering consultancy service Sihela Consultants.(www.sihelaconsultants.com)