This is our weather wheel which we made as a preschool holiday project. In each school holiday, teacher asks us to complete a craft project according a topic given. As the kid is in kindergarten now, the crafts are not simply art crafts. Instead of simple art crafts, teacher asks us to prepare crafts that are suitable for the learning centre. Therefore the craft needs be an activity which kids can engage.
Check this save environment craft which we made in last term.
For this term, there are 4 topics given and we chose ‘weather’ as the theme for our craft activity. This weather wheel is not a pure idea of me. I browsed and found this idea in many other websites and blogs. And finally here is our weather wheel which was a good bonding activity for both my kid and me.
While I did part of the work such as cutting, kid did colouring, writing and pasting.
Here is how we made the weather wheel activity for the preschool learning centre.
Note: we used the materials provided by the preschool for the class project. However you can choose relevant materials that makes this crafty activity easy and simple. A disposable plate is perfect for this weather wheel than cutting a cardboard.
How to make a weather wheel for preschool with kids?
- Colour pencils and pens as necessary
How to make the weather wheel?
- Cut a circle from a cardboard.
- Cut another circle from the colour paper which is smaller in size.
- Divide the paper circle in to 6 equal parts.
- Draw different weather conditions such as sunny, rainy, cloudy, windy, and stormy and thunder.
- Write the names with the each drawn phases.
- Paste the circle with different weather conditions in to the large circle.
- Cut a small arrow from cardboard.
- Connect it on the wheel as shown.
- Weather wheel is ready.
How to use the weather wheel with kids?
Rotate the arrow to find different weather.
Kids will learn the names of different weather conditions while they play with the weather wheel.A good way to learn through play.
This weather wheel craft was a fun activity to do with the kid. Do you like making this weather wheel craft for preschoolers? If so,please let me know in comments.